The primary purpose of this corporation is to foster relations among the parents, teachers, and administrators, and to raise funds to make charitable contributions and fund programs and activities that will benefit the students who attend, or will attend, the school.
These activities may include, but are not limited to:
(a) Providing funds for enrichment programs that enhance academics and citizenship;
(b) Providing financial or volunteer assistance to students, teachers, and administrators to supplement, implement, improve, or compliment the learning environment and educational programs;
(c) Purchasing materials and supplies, and providing funds for facility or site improvements.
While it is the intent of the organization its programs and events benefit all of the existing (and possibly future) students at the school, the organization may expend funds for programs or events that benefit certain grades, classes, or students, at the discretion of the membership.
Since the reactivation of the Foundation in 2005 Los Compadres has made the following improvements/purchases:
- Three covered bleachers
- Soccer goals, nets and balls
- A chalking machine to designate running lanes and sports fields
- New sports equipment (nets, balls, batons)
- Organizational cart for Kinder PE program
- Shade canopy for Kinder play area
- Newberry-Award winning books for the school library
- Large solar system mural for the library, to be hung in the coming months
Current goals include:
- Improving the July street entrance to the school. The first phase of improvement includes building an enclosure or fence to screen the trash receptacles that will allow for easy access and provide visual interest.
- Continuing support of the school library.
The Foundation Board works together with the following committees to enhance the Longfellow learning experience and to create a more enriching campus environment:
- Longfellow Beautification Committee
- Longfellow Eco Committee
- Longfellow Grant Writing Committee
Los Compadres is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. You can make a tax deductible donation to the Los Compadres at any time. Makes checks payable to “Los Compadres de Escuela Longfellow” and send to the address listed below. Any amount is appreciated!Los Compadres de Escuela Longfellow 5055 July St. San Diego, CA 92110
Together we can create a better learning environment for our children