Día de los Muertos
When: Wednesday, November 7th from 5 p.m.– 8 p.m.
Where: Longfellow, 5055 July Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Enter through main gate by front office.)
Cost: $7 at the door for children (includes all crafts, face painting, and a light up accessory). Adults are Free.
We will be having a variety of food trucks, as well as mariachi, dancing, crafts, face painting, displays, and a giant puppet drum parade. Bring your appetite, your cameras and your friends! All are welcome.
- 5:00 p.m.: Gates Open and Food Vendors begin Serving Food & Drinks- Taquizas Los Chuchy’s (Also, serving hamburgers/hot dogs), Churros De Canela, Mariposa Ice cream, Coney’s New York Style Pizza, Get Fluffed Up!, Mole Oaxaca and Juguito Yucateco. (*Please bring enough cash to enjoy these goodies; Mariposa ice cream accepts debit cards)
- 5:00–7:30 p.m.: Crafts, face painting, 7th grade art display/voting and Altar Displays will be open all evening *Face painting is very popular so please come early to avoid the line
- 5:30–6:30 p.m.: Mariachi Juvenil Azteca
- 6:40-7:00 p.m.: Longfellow Ballet Folklórico
- 7:15-7:45 p.m: Calpulli Mexica-Danza Azteca
- 7:50-8:00 p.m.: Puppet Parade
Celebrate our annual signature event with your own 2018 Día de los Muertos T-shirt featuring last year’s winning design (top right of this web page) by Longfellow 8th grader, Avery Rivera. All shirts are $15 and pre-orders will be delivered to classrooms on Tuesday 11/6. Online orders are closed, but we will have a merchandise table at the event with any leftover sizes for purchase that night!
Special Note: There is nothing scary about this festival. The use of skeletons and skulls are keeping with the traditions of this holiday, the heart of which is the celebration of the lives of people who have passed away. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org