Annual Giving is a cash drive intended to raise money at the beginning of the school year for startup costs of the programs and event fees that come due right at the beginning of the school year. Last year, we raised over $20,000!
Our goal is not to stretch our community, but only to ask to consider donating any amount that fits within your own family budget.
Thanks to the generous donations from our school families in recent years, Los Compadres made very important contributions to the school, including:
- Provided Raz-Kids, IXL, and Tenmarks licenses for students
- Funded, managed, and provided all training and supplies for the school’s art classes (Art Corps)
- Sponsored the Back to School Bonfire, Dia De Los Muertos, Movie Night, Baile, and Day at the Bay
- Provided support for Multicultural Festival and Art Show
- Organized and funded Family Art and Science Nights
- Purchased planners for 5th–8th grade students
- Sponsored Teacher Appreciation Week
- Provided a $300 grant to each Teacher to enhance classroom curriculum
- Provided $10,000+ for academic field trips
- Purchased much needed PE supplies for all grade levels to supplement the regular school budget
- Purchased additional computers and software for middle school multimedia labs
- Brought in cultural arts assemblies
- Provided dinner/babysitting for all PTO meetings
As you can see, Los Compadres is a crucial source of support for Longfellow School, providing additional resources needed for an exemplary education. Remember that our annual giving “drive” goes through September, but donations can be made all year. Please donate in any amount today! Remember that your donation is 100% tax deductible.
Thank you so much in advance to all the families who are willing to donate to help get our year off to a great start! Wishing each of you a great 2018/19 school year! If you ever have questions or suggestions about fundraising at our school, feel free to find me on campus or send me a message.