This year we’ll be using Konstella, a new communication tool, for all our classroom and school-wide PTO communication. Konstella will make staying organized easier and help build a secure and private parent community here at Longfellow.
If the PTO has your email, we will send you an invitation to join the first weeks of school! If we do not have your email, you can go to Konstella.com to register during the first weeks of school.
Here are some of the ways Konstella will change the face of communication for the Longfellow community:
- It provides a single location for your child’s/children’s activities, including class announcements, parties, school events, and volunteer sign-ups.
- Your personalized calendar in Konstella automatically includes all upcoming activities and deadlines for your child’s class and Longfellow as a whole. This calendar can be synced to your own personal electronic calendar.
- Parents can communicate with other parents about various topics via a message board. If interested in a topic, you can subscribe to a particular thread and respond directly from each email. This is beneficial in discussing topics such as good summer camps, class-wide playdates, or finding parents with similar interests.
- Parents will have the ability to communicate directly with other parents for the purpose of planning activities.
- Parents can join a Los Compadres de Escuela Longfellow PTO committee or volunteer for a school event with just one click!
Here is a 2-minute demo to help familiarize you with Konstella.
Some notes on using Konstella:
Look for more information about Konstella in the first weeks of school!
Privacy notice: Konstella is a secure site and your privacy is of utmost importance to us. You will control your privacy settings within the tool, so you decide what you would like to share with other parents. Your information will not be accessible to third parties. While we hope you will join Konstella to take advantage of its helpful and efficient classroom and school-wide communication features, it is important to note that the school will continue to send school wide announcements via school messenger.