Longfellow is proud to participate in the National Red Ribbon Week on October 27-31.
The National Red Ribbon Week slogan for 2014 is “Love Yourself. Be Drug Free.” At Longfellow we will expand the reach of the theme by also using different but similar slogans focusing on the idea of healthy behaviors, emotions, and ideas that prevent bullying and drug use. Examples: “Love Yourself. Make Smart Choices.” and “Love Yourself. Be Healthy!”
- Monday 10/27 – “Red Rally” – Students and staff wear red for kickoff of Red Ribbon Week. Age appropriate assemblies. Students will receive the Red Ribbon Bracelet.
- Tuesday 10/28 – “Sock it to Drugs” – Students wear crazy socks.
- Wednesday 10/29 – “Team up Against Drugs” – Students wear favorite team jersey or t-shirt.
- Thursday 10/30 – “My Future is Bright so I Don’t Do Drugs” – Students can wear sun glasses and/or bright clothing.
- Friday 10/31 – “Scare Away Drugs” – Students wear black and orange during the day. Costumes for Halloween Parade in afternoon.
On Monday October 27, Certified Licensed Drug Counselors and Off the Street productions will present at assemblies in the auditorium. The content of each assembly will be age appropriate and adapted for the attending grade levels. If you do not wish your child to attend the assembly, please print, complete, and return this “Opt-Out” form to your child’s teacher by MONDAY MORNING, October 27.