TODAY is the Turkey Trot and Middle School Color Run!!!!
ALL PLEDGE ENVELOPES ARE DUE TODAY! Please have your students turn in envelopes to the volunteers at the July Street gate or bring up to the field.
All students will be running for a 15-minute time period. Please make sure all students:
- Wear shoes for running.
- Wear sunscreen.
- K–5: Wear Blue, Gold, or School T-shirt.
- Middle School: Bring color run costume or white t-shirt to change into for the run. You may want to bring a whole change of clothes and flip flops for after the run. Wipes will be provided for students for clean up purposes. Trash bags will also be available to use in cars on the drive home to protect the seats of the car.
Schedule for the day of the Turkey Trot (REVISED on 11/12/14!):
- KINDERS: 10:25–10:40
- 1st: 10:55–11:10
- 4th/5th: 11:20–11:35
- 2nd: 11:45–12:00
- 3rd: 12:10–12:25
- 6th–8th: 12:30–12:45
Click here to see how your class is ranking against the other classes.
This year’s prizes!!!
- Top 2 runners per grade receive invitations to the GAME TRUCK PARTY (scheduled on a Wednesday short day)
- Raise $75 and win a Longfellow water bottle
- Raise $150 and win a Longfellow water bottle and baseball hat
- Raise $250 or more and win a Longfellow water bottle, baseball hat, and an invitation to the GAME TRUCK PARTY
Classroom Fundraising prizes:
- Every class that raises $750 or more wins a CLASS PARTY
Awards Ceremony 12/10/2014
More Information about the Turkey Trot and Color Run
On Thursday November 13, we will spend a day focusing on fitness and community spirit while our students play the starring role in raising money for our school. Please help your child collect donations and ask family and friends to sponsor them for the event. Pledge envelopes were sent home for donations by cash and checks. Donations by credit card may be made online at each student’s personal Get Movin’ Crew© website.
We need ALL parents to go online and register their student for our Turkey Trot and Middle School Color Run! It’s FREE and takes less than two minutes! Click here to register your child.
Our total school goal is $21,000! Online payments through The Get Movin’ Crew© pages will reflect immediately in the pledge thermometers on the individual student pages, the class pages, and the whole school page. Cash, checks, and per lap pledges sent in to the school in pledge envelopes will reflect in the pledge thermometers after the event.
- Date of the event: Thursday 11/13/2014
- Early Pledge Due Date: Friday 11/07/2014
- Turn in Pledge Envelops before school Monday 11/10/2014 – Thursday 11/13/2014
- All Pledge Envelopes Due Date: Thursday 11/13/2014
- Final online Pledge Due Date: Sunday 11/30/2014