Día de los Muertos
When: The first Wednesday in November from 5 p.m.– 8 p.m.
Where: Longfellow, 5055 July Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Enter through main gate by front office.)
Cost: Tickets at the door (includes all crafts, face painting, and a light up accessory).
We will be having a variety of food trucks, as well as mariachi, dancing, crafts, face painting, displays, and a giant puppet drum parade. Bring your appetite, your cameras and your friends! All are welcome.
- 5:00 p.m.: Gates Open and Food Vendors begin Serving Food & Drinks
- 5:00–7:30 p.m.: Crafts, face painting, 7th grade art display/voting and Altar Displays will be open all evening *Face painting is very popular so please come early to avoid the line
- 5:30–6:30 p.m.: Mariachi Juvenil Azteca
- 6:40-7:00 p.m.: Longfellow Ballet Folklórico
- 7:15-7:45 p.m: Calpulli Mexica-Danza Azteca
- 7:50-8:00 p.m.: Puppet Parade
Celebrate our annual signature event with your own Día de los Muertos T-shirt featuring last year’s winning design.
Special Note: There is nothing scary about this festival. The use of skeletons and skulls are keeping with the traditions of this holiday, the heart of which is the celebration of the lives of people who have passed away. If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com